Welcome to SENSATIONAL Skylarks!
Dear Parents / Carers,
I would like to welcome you to the Year 3 class page. In this part of our website you will find lots of information about our topics and some key information about life in Year 3.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I very much look forward to working with you this year. Your child will LOVE being in the SENSATIONAL Skylarks class!
A day in the life of a Skylark...
In Year 3 our day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.20pm. Have a look below at a typical day for a Skylark...
* 8.30am: Gate opens, children to enter classroom through their class door
* 8.45am: Registration / Early morning activities
* 8.55am: Phonics session
* 9.20am: Maths session
* 10.15am: Snack and Breaktime
* 10.35am: Guided Reading session
* 11.10am: English session
* 12.00pm: Lunchtime
* 1.00pm: Registration / Handwriting activities
* 1.15pm: Foundation based subject session
* 2.10pm: Afternoon break
* 2.30pm: Story time / class jobs
* 2.55pm: Assembly
* 3.20pm: Hometime
* Our P.E. days are on Tuesday and Friday so please ensure your child brings in their school P.E. Kit.
* Ensure your child brings in their water bottle daily and it is clearly labelled.
* Please make sure that your child's uniform is clearly labelled with their full name.
* Book bags / bags are to be sent in daily. There is a place for these so your child can keep them safe.
* Please send your child in with a healthy snack, for their morning break, if they wish to have one.
* Homework will be handed out out on a Friday and will need to be returned on a Tuesday to be marked.
* Spellings / handwriting will be stuck in books so please encourage your child to complete these too.
* A BUGCLUB book will be allocated to your child and will be sent home every Friday. Please send this back into school by Tuesday so we can allocate another one to them. Also, please sign the log and add in any additional comments. The expectation is that your child reads their BUGCLUB book every week. We will increase this as the term progresses.
* BUGCLUB, Phonics Hero, Purple Mash and TTRS logins are in the front of your child's homework book.
* I use MARV Me to praise your child and send key messages home so please check daily. If you need help logging back onto this again please ask the office and we'll supply the details
A sneak peek of your classroom Skylarks...
Please look here for information about our current 'Reconnecting' Curriculum.
We are currently working on a 'Reconnecting' Curriculum following the children's return to school in Spring 2021 so the information below will be updated in September 2021.