Transition into school
At Bitterne Manor, we want all our pupils to feel happy and safe so they can learn to be the best they can. Working together is the best way to achieving this. Therefore we have put together the following transition to ease your little one in gently:
- We will be inviting you and your child to attend an ‘Outdoor’ meet the teacher at school. This will take place on 8th June at 3.30.
- In a group, the children will be invited to ‘Play and Stay’ sessions in school. If your child attends our on-site pre school, they will visit with pre school. Those children who attend other pre school and child minding settings will be able to sign up to a ‘Stay and Play’ either on 22nd June or 24th June at the ‘Outdoor’ meet the teacher.
- All children will be invited into school on 7th July. This will be in two groups.
- Your child’s class teacher and teaching assistant would like to visit your child at home in September. This gives you and your child the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and allows for us to get to know each other a little better.
- When your child starts school, they will do so in a small group before introducing them to their whole class. Working in these small groups initially, allows them to become familiar with the routines and make friends, without feeling overwhelmed.
- We will also provide an opportunity for parents and carers to learn about how we teach in Year R (including Phonics). This will be once the children have started school.
We will contact you individually with dates in due course.