Welcome to Kingfisher Class (Reception)!
Dear Parents and Carers,
A very warm welcome to the Reception class pages. Here you will find information about our topics for each term and information about life in Year R.
We are very much looking forward to working with you and your child this year. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, no matter how small they might be.
Mrs White and Mrs Vaux
A day in the life of a Kingfisher...
In Year R our day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.20pm. Have a look below at a typical day for a Kingfisher...
* 8.30 am: Classroom door is open for children to come in, choose lunch and settle to a hand gym activity
* 8.55 am: Wake and Shake to get us ready for the day
* 9.00 am: Calendar and Number Work
* 9.10 am: Phonics
* 9.55 am: Snack and Social Time
* 10.10 am: Play Time
* 10.30 am: Topic Time/ P.E./ Connecting to Nature/ Cooking/ Music
* 10.45 am: Child Initiated Time (Rainbow Time)
* 11.55 am: Lunch
* 1.00 pm: Register and Songs
* 1.10 pm: Maths
* 1.30 pm: Child Initiated Time (Rainbow Time)
* 2.30 pm: Physical Development/ handwriting/ Phonics recap
* 2.45 pm : Story and Songs
* 3.20 pm: Home Time
* Our P.E. days are Mondays and Thursdays so please ensure your child brings in their school P.E. Kit. This can be left at school and we will send them home if they need a wash or at the end of the half term.
* Ensure your child brings in their water bottle daily and it is clearly labelled.
* Please make sure that your child's uniform is clearly labelled with their full name.
* Book bags are to be sent in daily. There is a place for these so your child can keep them safe.
* Fruit is available daily but feel free to send your child in with a healthy snack if they prefer their own.
* Your child will receive a 2 reading books on a Monday. These will be changed each week if you have written in their reading journal, indicating they have read the books.
* Your child will receive a BUGCLUB login (online reading books) once they have started school.
* Once your child begins to learn letter names and sounds these will be sent home each day for you to practise at home.
* Our library day is Friday.
* Your child will regularly come home with a 'Discussion Prompt' and a 'Connecting to Nature Activity'. These are tasks you may like to do at home to encourage communication skills and a love for the outdoors.
* MARV Me is used to praise your child and send key messages home so please check daily. You will be given login details for this once your child starts school. We will message each day to let you know the learning your child has taken part in that day.