Welcome to Keen Kestrels!
We would very much like to welcome you to the Year 6 class pages. In this part of our website you will find information about our topics for each term and some information about life in Year 6.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are very much looking forward to working with you this year!
Mrs Adams and Mrs Hemnell
A day in the life of a Keen Kestrel...
In Year 6 our day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.20pm. Have a look below at a typical day for a Kestrel...
* 8.30am: Gate opens, children to enter classroom through their class door
* 8.45am: Registration / Early morning activities
* 9.00am: Maths
* 10.15am: Snack and Breaktime
* 10.30am: English
* 12.00pm: A topic session
* 12.30pm: Lunch
* 1.30pm: Registration / ERIC (Reading)
* 1.40pm: Foundation based subject sessions
* 3.00pm: Assembly
* 3.20pm: Hometime
* Our P.E. days are on Wednesday and Friday so please ensure your child brings in their school P.E. Kit.
* Ensure your child brings in their water bottle daily and it is clearly labelled.
* Please make sure that your child's uniform is clearly labelled with their full name.
* Please send your child in with a healthy snack, for their morning break, if they wish to have one.
* English Homework will be handed out out on a Tuesday and will need to be returned on the following Tuesday to be marked.
* Maths Homework will be handed out out on a Friday and will need to be returned on the following Friday to be marked.
* We use MARV Me to praise your child and send key messages home so please check daily. If you need help logging back onto this again please ask the office and we'll supply the details
A little look at our classroom....