Welcome to Jazzy Jays!
This half term, we will be focussing on a reconnecting curriculum to ensure the children have a solid understanding across a range of curriculum areas. This will help ensure they are secure with the Year 4 skills ready to move up to Year 5.
A day in the life of a Jay
08.30 - Our day starts. We come into school and register. During this time, we may do some pink polishing of our work from the day before, do some small group work with an adult or enjoy some reading for pleasure time.
08.50 - We have a short spelling/phonics session.
09.10 - Maths
10. 10 - We enjoy a bit our class book while we have our milk and healthy snack. At the moment, we are reading The Boy at the Back of the Class.
10.20 - Break time!
10.30 - Guided Reading
11.10 - Writing
12.05 - Lunch time!
1.05 - Foundation subject (Science, Geography, PSHE, Computing)
2.10 - Break
2.20 - We use this time to practice our times tables and develop our rapid recall. Being confident with times tables up to 12 x 12 will really help us when we move up to Year 5.
2.40 - Assembly via Google Meet
3.00 - Mindfulness activities until our day ends at 3.20
A few points to remember
- PE is on a Friday afternoon. Please send your child to school in their PE kit.
- Homework goes out on a Friday and is due back on a Tuesday
- Please encourage your children to log on to times tables rockstars at home as often as you can. Being secure with times tables will make Year 5 maths much easier for them.
- Please read with your child as much as possible.
- As the weather is getting warmer, please make sure your child has a water bottle in school.