Welcome to Jazzy Jays!
On this page you will find lots of useful information about our topics and some key details about our daily life in Year 4.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait for the term to begin and to work with the children in what is going to be an amazing year!
A day in the life of a Jay
08.30 - The gates open and children make their way to the playground.
08.45 - Registration / Early Morning Activities. Some of these activities may be pink polishing their work and warm up tasks aimed at getting the children ready for the day ahead.
09.10 - Maths.
10. 15 - Snack and breaktime.
10.30 - No-Nonsense spelling / Guided Reading.
11.10 - English.
12.30 - Lunchtime.
13.30 - Registration / ERIC (Everybody reads in class).
13.50 - Foundation subject (Science, Geography, PSHE, Computing).
14.55 - Assembly.
A few points to remember
- PE is on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure your child brings their PE kit into school where they will get changed before the session.
- Please make sure your child brings in a water bottle which is clearly labelled and is taken home each day.
- Ensure that all uniform and PE kit is clearly labelled with your child's name.
- If they wish to have one, please make sure your child has a healthy snack which they can eat at breaktime.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday and is due in on Tuesday to allow time for marking. This will consist of Maths, English and Spellings. There will be a slip for parents to comment on each week. Log ins for Purple Mash, Bug Club and TT Rockstars will be on the inside front cover.
- Please encourage your children to log on to Times Tables Rockstars at home as often as you can. Being secure with times tables will improve your confidence in other areas of Maths.
- Each child has a Bug Club account and allocated books which we will monitor throughout the year and amend accordingly.
- Purple Mash is a really useful resource and each child has an account. There is a wide variety of tasks which will compliment the work they complete in class.
- Please read with your child as much as possible. Reading logs are to be brought in on a Friday so they can be checked and signed off.
- I will use Marvellous Me throughout the year to praise your child for their amazing work and inform you of any news or reminders as and when is required. If you do not have access to this, please contact the school office.