Welcome to JAZZY Jays!
Welcome to the YEAR 4 class page! Here is where you will find lots of useful and key information about Year 4 life and our topics!
If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me and I can not wait to work with you all this year!
A day in the life of a Jay!
As a Jay, your day will begin at 8:45am and end at 3:20pm. Have a look below to see what our day will look like!
08.30 - The gates open and children make their way to the playground
08.45 - Registration / Early Morning Activities. Some of these activities may be pink polishing their work and warm up tasks aimed at getting the children ready for the day ahead.
09.00 - SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar)
09.15 - Maths
10.15 - Snack and breaktime
10.30 - Guided Reading
11.00 - English
12.00 - Lunchtime
13.00 - Registration / ERIC (Everybody reads in class)
13.15 - Foundation subject (Science, Geography, PSHE, Computing)
14.55 - Assembly
15.20 - Hometime
* PE is on Tuesday afternoons. Please ensure your child wears their PE kit into school.
* Please make sure your child brings in a water bottle which is clearly labelled and is taken home each day.
* Ensure that all uniform and PE kit is clearly labelled with your child's name.
* If they wish to have one, please make sure your child has a healthy snack which they can eat at breaktime.
* Homework will be handed out on a Friday and is due in on Tuesday to allow time for marking. This will consist of either Maths or English (alternate weeks) and Spellings. There will be a slip for parents to comment on each week. Log ins for Purple Mash, Bug Club and TT Rockstars will be on the inside front cover.
* Please encourage your children to log on to Times Tables Rockstars at home as often as you can. Being secure with times tables will improve their confidence in other areas of Maths.
* Each child has a Bug Club account and allocated books which we will monitor throughout the year and amend accordingly.
* Purple Mash is a really useful resource and each child has an account. There is a wide variety of tasks which will compliment the work they complete in class.
* Please read with your child as much as possible. The school expectation is that children read at least 3 times per week at home.
* I will use Marvellous Me throughout the year to praise your child for their amazing work and inform you of any news or reminders as and when is required. If you do not have access to this, please contact the school office.