Here are some of the Year 1 Writing objectives (from the National Curriculum) that you could help your child with at home.
- Adding -s and -es to make plurals
- Using the prefix un-
- Using -ing, -ed, -er and -est when the original spelling of the word doesn't change.
Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation
- Using spaces between words
- Using joining words such as 'and'
- Using capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Using capital letters for names of people/places, days of the week and I
- Saying out loud what they are going to write about
- Sequencing sentences to write short stories