Miss Sangha's Top Tips
During this unsettling time it's important to understand that you won't be able to ask your child to work like they normally would do at school. It's unrealistic to ask them to work for long periods of time on subjects that would feel normal to them when at school. So please don't be so hard on yourself or them! Instead use this time to explore in ways that you wouldn't have time to do so before, have fun and teach creatively. Trust me, your child will LOVE it!
- Tip One: Get cooking in the kitchen and use the scales/time as a way of teaching Maths, the kitchen is a great place to teach different areas on Maths. This is also a great opportunity to spend some one on one time together!
- Tip Two: Get active! Log onto Joe Wicks PE sessions daily if possible and together work out. When you exercise your body releases endorphins. These trigger a positive feeling and help you to remain happy! Try it :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Tip Three: Read! Either hardback books or on BUGCLUB. Reading not only improves the functioning of the brain but helps in so many other ways. Encouraging your child to read will help them to develop this!
- Tip Four: Play a game. This could be a board game, card game or one that doesn't require any resources. Spending time together playing encourages laughter and fun!
- Tip Five: Even though social distancing is a big part of our lives at the moment, it's important not to loose contact with loved ones. Call them or face time them! The 'houseparty' app is being used widely in a fun way. Keep in touch and share your experiences together :)