Spring Term 1
Man on the Moon!
During this 'lockdown' period, our English learning journey will still continue to focus on a text linked to our topic this half term...SPACE! This text is 'Man on the Moon...Bob!'
In English we will be:
- Consolidating SPAG skills learnt last half term - CL . ! ? conjunctions and tenses,
- Forming nouns using suffixes such as -ness / -er
- Forming adjectives using suffixes such as -ful / -ness
- Use expanded noun phrases for description,
- Identify commas in lists.
Children will apply all these skills to a range of writing outcomes, for example, a character description on Bob, a postcard written as a tourist visiting the moon and creating a poster advertising for a friend!
Phonics and handwriting activities will continue to be set daily to help support children's development.