Reconnecting Curriculum 2020/21
Throughout the first part of the Summer term, we will be focusing on the key skills highlighted below in the 'Class Learning Summer 1' part of our class page.
Starting with what the children already know, we will be ensuring they have a solid foundation to build on for the remainder of the term and in preparation for the coming year.
Routines and Reminders
Here are some key reminders for you:
- Our day starts at 8.40am and finishes at 3.00pm.
- A library book will be sent home each week. These are changed on a Wednesday, so please make sure it is inside your child's book bag on a Wednesday.
- Reading books are changed on a Wednesday. Each child will bring home 2 books for the week. Please read these at home and write a comment in their reading record so we know they have read at home. Please make sure the books are inside your child's book bag on a Wednesday.
- PE is Thursday. Please make sure your child wears their PE kit to school on a Thursday. This needs to be appropriate for both indoor and outdoor PE. We will try to do PE outside, unless it is raining.
- The children are provided with a healthy snack in the morning. If you would like to send a healthy snack (fruit or vegetable) into school for your child instead, please do so.
How we will teach your child
We teach in a variety of ways, making sure it is the way that works best for your child.
Your child will learn with the whole class (normally on the carpet), in a small group and individually, depending on the lesson, the activity and child.
During our Rainbow Time (child initiated time) the adults in the classroom will observe, add other resources to the play, question and have discussions with your child so that we have a clear picture of their level of understanding to enable us to forward their learning. Our assessments are made during this time, as it is during play that children really demonstrate their understanding.