This first part of the half term is a little different to what we normally do. We will be teaching children previous skills to help them build on what they already know. That's why we have come up with a 'Reconnecting' Curriculum. This will help us to establish key skills that children have forgotten and help connect those links back together again.
A day in the life of a Jay!
8.30 - 9.00: We come into school, order our lunches and pink polish any work from the day before.
9.00 - 10.00 : We do some Maths. Sometimes we catch up and remind ourselves of Year 3 objectives but most of the time we are working on new Year 4 ones.
10.05 - 10.15: Play time! We are allowed a small, healthy snack at this time.
10.15 - 11.00: This is when we do Guided Reading as a whole class.
11.00 - 12.00: Writing
12.00 - 1.00: This is when we eat our lunch. Between 12 and 12.30, we play outside with our friends. Between 12.30 and 1, we come back into the classroom and eat our lunch. Sometimes, we get to watch a bit of a film too.
1.00 - 1.30: Straight after lunch, we do Spelling and Phonics. This helps us to catch up with anything we have missed or forgotten.
1.30 - 2.00: This is when we do our times tables practice. We focus on a new times table every week and work on our fluency and being able to recall them quickly.
2.00 - 3.00: At this time, we explore other areas of the curriculum, such as Art, Science and Computing.
3.00 - 3.20: Class assembly and getting ready for home.
- Friday is our PE day, please make sure we come into school in our PE kit.
- Our school day ends at 3.20
- Homework books go out on a Friday and need to be back by Tuesday. This way, our teachers can leave them untouched for a few days before sending them back out again.
- Please try and read with us at least 3 times a week. Reading logs can be sent into school on Tuesdays with the Homework books.
- Please check Marvellous Me! regularly for updates and praise. We love it when you see how well we are doing at school.