It's time to switch on your MATHS brain!
Hey Robins! This morning we will be continuing to look at bar models. As we learnt yesterday, bar models are a different way of showing a part-whole and so it is not a completely new concept – just a different way of representing it!
Due to us continuing with the same concept as yesterday, feel free to watch that video again to help refresh memories on the process!
If you do not have access to the video, here is a brief summary of what you need to know!
- Children will be using the part-whole model (attached on the next page).
- Children can recap how a part-whole model works using our song ‘A part and a part make a whole, a part and a part make a whole, when I add a part to another part, my two parts make a whole’.
- Children will need 8 resources for this lesson.
- Children can create the parts or the wholes that are shown on the sheet.
- They can then count how many there are altogether or how many are left (depending on the question) to find out their answer.
- The whole will be at the top and the two parts and underneath.