In Maths, we are mainly focussing on Number and Place Value. As we have had a long time off school, we are recapping the Year 3 objectives before moving on to the Year 4 ones. At the moment, we are working on place value within 4 digit numbers. This includes:
- Identifying what each digit is worth
- Knowing that 10 hundreds = 1000 and using this to solve problems
- Accurately placing numbers up to 9,999 on a numberline
- Comparing and ordering numbers
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000.
At the end of Year 4, we need to take a times table check. Therefore, we currently practice our times tables every day. At the moment, we focussing on a new one every week. We learn skills and strategies on day one and then work on our fluency for the rest of the week.
Any help you can give us at home on this would be amazing!
Here is the times table we are working on each week:
14th September - 2 times table
21st September - 5 times table
28th September - 10 times table
5th October - 3 times table
12th October - 4 times table
19th October - 6 times table
After half term, we will look at 7, 8, 9, 11 and 12.