Internet Safety Awareness Day!
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally in February each year to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people and inspire a national conversation.
Below, you will find an interactive Powerpoint which can aid discussion points and give you ideas of questions to ask your children about stay safe when using the internet.
Most children have access to the internet via the use of tablets, phones and laptops. It is essential that they understand the importance of staying safe when online.
Top tips for staying safe online!
If you would like some more advice or need some top tips on how to keep your children safe online please follow this link to find out more! -
Follow up Activities
Try one or two of these activities to follow up the story.
1) Smartie the Penguin colouring page- you could write the song around your picture.
2) Make Smartie the penguin and his Mummy and Daddy out of playdough. Retell the story using your play dough penguins.
3) Draw some pictures from the story to create your own Smartie the Penguin story telling us about how to stay safe on the internet.
4) Write some advice (or get an adult to write for you) in the speech bubbles about how to stay safe on the internet.
5) Make a penguin mask and act out one of the stories.
6) Draw your own hand print penguins (see picture below) You could make these into puppets to retell the story.
7) Try cutting out the 2D shapes to make your own Smartie the Penguin.