We will begin our English journey with the text 'Grace and Family' by Mary Hoffman. This book leads on from their Year 2 final summer text 'Amazing Grace' which children looked at for their home learning during the Summer Term.
In Guided Reading we will be:
- Developing our love of reading by reading this text,
- Predicting what will happen next,
- Text marking and picking out key language,
- Sequencing events,
- Inferring how a character is feeling,
- Writing a book review of this class text.
In English we will be:
- Applying capital letters and full stops,
- Using a range of conjunctions,
- Adding description to our writing through the use of adjectives,
- Making sure we are writing in the correct tense.
We will then apply these skills to a short writing outcome weekly, for example, a character description of Grace, a setting description of Gambia and writing a book review of our class text.
In addition to these sessions we will be learning our daily phonics, spelling rules and handwriting.