We will begin our English journey with the text 'Little Red' by Bethan Woollvin. This fun adaptation puts a modern twist on the original story of Little Red Riding Hood.
In Guided Reading we will be:
- Developing our love of reading by reading this text,
- Predicting what will happen next,
- Comparing similarities between this book and the original text,
- Text marking and picking out key language,
- Sequencing events,
- Inferring how a character is feeling.
In English we will be:
- Focusing on capital letters and full stops,
- Using the conjunction 'and'
- Punctuating sentences using ? and !
We will then apply these skills to a short writing outcome weekly, for example, a setting description of a Forest, a character description on Little Red and creating a wanted poster for the Wolf.
In addition to these sessions we will be learning our daily phonics, spelling rules and handwriting.