23/03/20 - Oktopodi
Week beginning 23/03/20
Watch Oktapodi on The Literacy Shed Website: https://www.literacyshed.com/oktapodi.html
Story Ideas you could choose from:
- Retell the narrative as it appears, using rich description and vivid imagery.
- Write an alternative ending to the story, starting from the chase.
- Write a story with a flashback, perhaps the octopus wakes up in the truck and a flash back takes place remembering the tank.
You will need to think about:
- Who you are writing as. Are you the delivery/truck driver, the octopus who was snatched from the tank or the octopus chasing the truck?
- Build tension, make it exciting - Show me, don't tell me!
- If you include dialogue, check your punctuation!
Email us your work: email@example.com - We'll look forward to reading it!
24/03/20 - Need more ideas?... Inspired by our octopus story?
Why not watch the attached videos all about octopus and try one of the following:
- a non-chronological report about octopus.
- a fact file/ poster about octopus.
- a mockumentary written in the 'voice' of Steve Backshall or David Attenborough all about octopus....or another animal of your choice.
- an octopus shape poem!