18/05/20 - Tuesday - week 3
At the end of the story we see the police exploring the ‘crime scene’.
Imagine you are a reporter or journalist & create a newspaper report or TV news bulletin about the events.
Lesson 1: Plan your report.
- The 5 ws of the story (who, what, where, when, why - use what you are told in the story or make up the facts!)
- Opinions you could include e.g. an eye witness, the police. What do they have to say about what happened?
- Language you would use to describe the scene.
- A headline
Remember: You are just planning today, NOT writing the whole thing!
Lessons 2 and 3:
- Draft your report if you are writing a newspaper.
- If you are writing a news broadcast, write a script.
- You could include the newsreader and a reporter who is at the scene or interviewing a witness.
Lessons 4 and 5:
- Present your newspaper report or news bulletin (you could even film it!).