11/05/20 - EVOLUTION
Lesson 1: Watch this clip and read the information explaining evolution.
Find out about Charles Darwin; his journey aboard The Beagle & his work on the Galapagos Islands.
Use maps to find the places he travelled to & look at pictures of the islands & animals that are found there.
- Record what you find out in an interesting way.
First of all, watch the two clips on BBC Bitesize:
After you have done your research we would like you to either:
- write a letter (to someone back home) or a diary extract in role as Charles Darwin.
You need to:
- Describe what you have seen & discovered.
- Think about how you would describe the islands & the unusual creatures you have seen.
- You could add sketches of some of the creatures you have seen and maps to show where you have travelled. Like these ones:
You have got the rest of this week to work on this, so we'd like you to really think about your presentation and make it interesting and exciting to look at and read!
We can't wait to see what you come up with!