Your child's safety is our most important concern. For this reason we ask for your help in
- We need to know how to reach you or a person named by you who will care for your child in an emergency. Please fill in the contact form that you will be given and tell us promptly of any changes.
- We will always try to contact you if we feel that your child needs urgent medical attention. In the event of real emergencies we will arrange for your child to be taken to hospital.
- We will never allow your child to leave the school premises during school time unless you have told us to do so.
- If you visit the school, or if you bring your child into school after the start of the school day, please report to the school office.
- Dogs (except guide dogs) must not be brought onto the school site.
- For children's health and safety there is a No Smoking Policy at all times within the school building and grounds.
- All visitors, including parents, are asked to report to the main office on arrival, to sign in and wear a visitor's badge in school. These are issued on arrival.
- A fire drill takes place each term. The alarm system and fire extinguishers are checked regularly.
Safe School Initiative
At Bitterne Manor, we are committed to developing a safe and secure school. Through
the implementation of an effective risk management system, we aim to establish and
maintain the safety, well-being and security of staff, pupils and their property as a
priority. Our commitment has resulted in accreditation of Safe School status.
We use the materials provided by Hampshire Police and the 'Thinkuknow' website to support our curriculum and keep children safe online.